Chezanne is a 6 bedroom house overlooking the picturesque village of Varages, in the hills of Provence. Set in 3 acres, shaded by many tall trees, it harbours an olive grove. It is within easy reach of both Marseilles and Nice airports.
The house is large, but homely. It is rented for max 10 persons.
Downstairs there is a large living/dining room to the front with 3 french doors that open onto a shaded terrace.
To the back is a large fully fitted kitchen with doors out to the back garden (for dining al-fresco). This leads down to the private pool through the trees and hammocks.
There is a seperate lounge with wooden floor and high beam ceiling with a mezzanine that catches the afternoon sun. There is also one bedroom and a toilet downstairs.
Upstairs are five bedrooms, two of which are ensuite. Three of the bedrooms at the front open out onto a large shared balcony. The bathroom has both bath and shower. There is also a seperate toilet.
The house also has satellite TV, DVD Player, Stereo, microwave, double oven and washing machine.
Varages is just a short walk down the hill. Although a small village, it boasts a boulangerie, butcher, grocery shop, pharmacy, 2 restaurants, and 2 bars. There is also an area for boules & a tennis court.
Varages is renowned for its pottery and there is a traditional pottery workshop in the village. It also has an oil mill, which you can take tours of.Surrounding towns Barjols, st. Maximin and Brignoles all have good shopping, restaurants, and markets.
Aix en Provence one of the most beautiful towns in Europe is a big attraction with its squares, fountains, shops and Saturday morning market where you can buy clothes, leather, jewelery and also seasonal vegetables, cheese and spices.
The immense gorge is only 30 minutes drive away with beautiful lakes where you can go boating. You can fly Aer-Lingus or Ryanair to Marseilles or Nice - both are within ninety minutes drive of Varages.
- Tennis: One court in the village of varages and 3 others in Barjols.
- Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting/Boating: Through the Gorge du verdon or down the Argens river.
- Cycling: Bikes can be hired in the village.
- Horse Riding: In the village or in Saillans-la-Cascade.
- Skiing: You can ski at Digne-les-Bains (less than an hours drive) in wintertime.
- Golf"There are several courses, two in Brignoles and Nans-les-Pins are both just 35 minutes away.
- Fishing: In the nearby rivers and lakes or the Gorges de Verdon.
- Walking: There are many beautiful walks through the varied countryside of Provence.
01/07/23 - 26/08/23
26/08/23 - 09/09/23
12/08/23 - 26/08/23 :
€ 1650 max 5 pers.
€ 2050 max 10 pers.
Prices per week stay: Saturday 16.00 to Saturday 10.00
Rents are excluding linen (€,10 per person) and cleaning (€ 130). Caution à € 500 is paid on arrival in cash.